[Sunhelp] Good references for bind and qmail

Thomas Reagan tkr at brown.edu
Thu Mar 30 09:12:33 CST 2000

Paul,

Without starting a religious war (if anyone takes offense, please allow me
to withdraw my comment), I should like to recommend postfix to you over
qmail.  Since you seem to be looking for a new mailer anyway, I suggest
postfix b/c it is equally high security, but with higher performance and
without the semi-proprietary maildir format that qmail uses (though postfix
can do that to).  Also, it happens to be maintained by one of the most
active security researchers in the world, Wietse Venema, and is undergoing a
more active development than qmail.

http://www.postfix.org if you are interested.

Tom