[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 libkrb?

Kevin Stevens kevin_stevens at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:40:39 CST 2000

I just acquired a nice SS20, and am trying to set it up as my general
purpose firewall/server to replace the Linux box I was using.

Wiped the disk, did a fresh install of Solaris 8 (final release), told it to
install everything under the Sun, followed label directions.

I've DLed qpopper in a prepackaged format to allow my internal machines to
POP their mail (sendmail is running just fine - well, ok anyway on the
Sparc).  It installs fine, but fails on execution with the message:

ld.so.1: /usr/local/lib/popper: fatal: libkrb.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory

Lovely.  FIND / -name libkrb.so.1 finds nothing on the system.  Man libkrb
says that it should be part of SUNWcsl or SUNWarc.  Pkginfo says that both
packages are completely and correctly installed.

Next?

KeS