[Sunhelp] Apache Configuration Help Needed.

Derek Piper del at delphis.delphinian.com
Thu Mar 23 14:47:28 CST 2000

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Brian Allgyer wrote:

> Question:
>
> I have a sparc server running Apache 1.3 with the "ServerRoot set to
> /usr/local/httpd". Now I'm also wanting to access another mount point on the
> same system due space problems (/share/web). Can someone point me in the
> right direction in I guess editing the httpd.conf file or another work
> around.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Brian

Bit of an 'RTFM' answer this :) .. sorry, but that's all that's needed. To
help you get started, the config directive you need is the <Directory> one
in the httpd.conf file.

The URL to the info on the apache site is:

http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#directory

This and the 'Alias' directive (read about it! :)) will allow you to set
up any number of directories and aliases (i.e. what you type after the /
in the URL) to access all points of your filesystem that you give
permission for.

Mentioning permissions too, make sure that the directories
you reference can be accessed by the user and/or group that the web server
runs as (on my own it's nobody:www) and I have my files owned and writable
by www:www but also group readable, so the group www (which the web
server is in) can read it.

This information isn't platform specific either btw. One thing I am
interested in too, which you or anyone else reading this might be able to
help me with, is actually getting Linux on my little SparcClassic .. any
information on the best way to do that would be very helpful to me!! :)
I have RedHat 6.1 for Sparc on CD, and a CD drive.. but no floppy drive or
connector for the CD drive :/

	Hope that helps a bit,

	Derek

--