[Sunhelp] Rack mount E3500

Tom Jones tjones at statesman.com
Wed Mar 22 08:48:52 CST 2000

When I was an SE with a Sun VAR, we used to resell the sharkrack cabinets and mounting kits for the E3500.  The E3500
has a different airflow pattern than most systems, draws air in from above, pulls it down across the boards, and exhausts
it at the bottom of the cabinet.  Sharkrack's kit includes special hardware to maintain the proper airflow.  Mounting an
E3500 in a standard rack might restrict the proper airflow and may cause excessive heat buildup.  Sun doesn't even
provide a solution to rack mounting E3500s in their datacenter cabinets.

Tom Jones