[Sunhelp] help! boot error message

Brian P. Hinz bhinz at chipmunk.nsc.com
Tue Mar 14 10:32:50 CST 2000

Hi,

I've been having problems booting ever since I re-installed solaris and changed
the partition configuration on my sparc10.  I have three hard drives and the
root partition had been located on the smallest one.  I changed this so that /
would reside on one of the larger drives during the solaris setup. I received a
warningstating that the eeprom would be changed to reflect the change in the
root partition location.  I get the error message:

bootblk: can't find the boot program
program terminated

I've tried changing the "boot-device" variable and setting the jumpers so that
the drive I want is scsi id 0 before re-installing (again), but I still get the
same error no matter what I do.  In retrospect, I should have just made the
particular partition that I needed on one of the big drives, but it's too late
for that and I don't want to have to go through re-installing again! (very long
process on a sparc10!)

Thanks in advance,
Brian