[Sunhelp] need help on Crack-5.0

dhansen at zebra.net dhansen at zebra.net
Tue Mar 7 09:23:08 CST 2000

> Hello Experts.
> Anybody tried use of Crack-5.0 in Sparc-Solaris-2.6 environment. I want to know
> whether it works fine with solaris2.6.

 should compile fine under any solaris platform (unless you get some linux-bastardized
version).

> I am facing problem compiling Crack-5-0 on Sol.2.6 on a UE-250 server. The
> error is as  follows:
>
> + make
> make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/packages/crack/c50a/src/libdes'
> cc -O -DRAND -DTERMIO       -c cbc3_enc.c -o cbc3_enc.o
> /usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

 this is your problem, /usr/ucb/cc is not a compiler. you'll need to either purchase a
compiler or go download
something like gcc or egcs for a freeware compiler solution. you will also need to make
certain that you
place the directory location for your compiler ahead of /usr/ucb in your path environment
variable.

david