[Sunhelp] ipfilter frustration - DUH

Hatle, Steven J. shatle at vue.com
Tue Mar 7 08:30:32 CST 2000

The commmand should be more like

ndd -set ip_route 1, not "ip_filter"

Sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hatle, Steven J. [mailto:shatle at vue.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 7:17 AM
To: 'sunhelp at sunhelp.org'
Subject: RE: [Sunhelp] ipfilter frustration

Not sure if this is your problem or not, but the biggest gotcha I had with
ipfilter is turning on routing in the kernel on the ipfilter box. By
default, it's turned off. I turned it on in /etc/system, but it ended up
getting turned off again somewhere later, so I just made an /etc/rc2.d
script to turn it back on.

The command is something like:

ndd -set ip_filter 1

or close to that- man ndd will probably turn up the correct syntax and
command.

Hope this helps

Steve