[Sunhelp] call tracking software

Parris B. Wood pwood at wilma.widomaker.com
Thu Mar 2 22:38:14 CST 2000

>> is there a freeware that tracks calls? sort of a database where you input
>> all clients and their problems. i've already seen REQ. i'm looking for
>> other alternatives.

	I'm not sure what you want? Do yo want some sort of Telco solution
that interacts with the office pbx, pulls caller id stuff and cross
references that to username data (So you could say, ``hi so-and-so thanks
for calling...''). Those are definetly $$$ solutions.

	You mention req, so I assume you really want a trouble ticket
system for support staff. Bill's recommendation is pretty sound.

	I've tried WebTTS is was cool while it worked. I'm looking forward
to the TTS system Brandon Black of MCIWorldCom is writing. It should go
beta this month. That being said the current shop uses TTSv7 we got from
somewhere in switzerland. I've got a ton of TTS programs in my bookmarks.
Email me off-list and I'll dump them for you.

>Keystone, from www.stonekeep.com.  Its really nice. (free too)

	Its a very slick program, sadly if your using it in any type of
commercial environment its going to cost alot. I think $500 per user past
5 conncurrent users. I believe ISP use falls under commercial use. If
thats in your budget I'd say go for it since its probally the closest
thing out their to a decently featured *support* tracking system.

-
Parris Wood
 pwood at wilma.widomaker.com.