[Sunhelp] SyMON

Zander, Mark Mark.Zander at mezzia.com
Tue Jun 13 12:00:56 CDT 2000

I am trying to start up SyMON to monitor some of our servers.  I installed
the agent, server, and console on one system which seems to work OK.  I have
now installed the agent on another server and am trying to add the new
server to the SyMON domain.  The "Create Topology Object" window just tells
me that it cannot communicate with the agent process.  The server log files
give the following three messages:

warning Jun 13 12:58:07 UDP Processor #2: bad error index in response
packet: 0
warning Jun 13 12:58:07 UDP Processor #2: too many consecutive reports
warning Jun 13 12:58:07 UDP Processor #2: Sent to client:
com.sun.symon.base.server.common.ScResponseException: too many consecutive
reports (for snmp://inuxora01:161/sym/base/mibman/browserRoot#0)

Any idea what is going on?

TIA!!

-----
Mark Zander     ===> Mark.Zander at mezzia.com