[Sunhelp] disk board diabled in prtdiag -v

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Wed Jun 7 10:39:35 CDT 2000

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Jarrett Carver wrote:

| I have two Ultra E4000s that I am trying to setup for HA. We had the systems
| up and running Solaris 2.5.1 and vts for several weeks before we began.
| Systems tested fine, we racked them and loaded Solaris 7.
|
| Now the disk board's led's indicate low power, which is fine according to
| Sun docs, this is normal for SunOS > 2.6. However, when I do a prtdiag the
| board is listed as disabled under the DETACHED BOARDS section and "unknown"
| under ASIC revision.

Believe it or not, this is okay and "normal" for a Exx00 disk board. See,
the only thing that the disk board gets from the midplane is electrical
power. Thus the rest of the machine knows something is in that slot, but
cant determine any info on the board, so it's reflected in the prtdiag
output just like you see.

/dale