[Sunhelp] Sol8 on SS5-110

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jun 1 12:22:16 CDT 2000

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 01:21:38PM +0100, David Murphy wrote:
> Quoting <20000531231650.R25040 at mrbill.net>
> by Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>:
> > Maybe with 8-bit, but when running a full 24-bit WindowMaker
> > desktop/ window manager, you can watch windows redraw / desktops
> > flip, and its at least half as fast as a cg6.
> Is there any Sun framebuffer you can't say this of? I've experienced
> the same sloth in 24-bit mode on Creator and Creator3D.

I've got a Creator 2D in this Ultra 10/300, and had a creator 3D in
an Ultra 1/200E, and both are perfectly fine - a PGX32 in an ultra 5
was SLIGHTLY slower, but all are WORLDS ahead of the SX in a '20...

(you want really slow, run full 24bit on a ZX...)

bill

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |