[Sunhelp] hme NIC lying?

Bob Beecher bob.beecher at bellhow.com
Thu Jun 1 09:49:50 CDT 2000

Jim nailed it. We've got hme cards installed in over 20 separate Sun servers
(Sparc4's thru E3500's) that are connected to just about every type of 100MB
switch or hub (Cisco 5505, Cisco 2900, Nortel Accelar 1200, 3Com LinkSwitch,
old Synoptics, etc). Every one of the servers had a problem sensing the duplex
correctly. We had to resort to forcing the network equipment into full-duplex
and adding the code (below) into /etc/system on each of the servers.