[Sunhelp] Alias on the loopback interface...

Steven Levin steven.levin at ipix.com
Wed Jun 21 12:39:29 CDT 2000

The trouble is (sorry I wasn't more clear before) is that:

# ifconfig lo0:1 127.0.0.2 255.0.0.0 up
ifconfig: SIOCGLIFNETMASK: lo0:1: no such interface

But the answer was to:

# ifconfig lo0:1 plumb 127.0.0.2 up

At least on 2.8/x86, with the hardware we have, I just realized that it's
very unhappy with adding aliases to ANY interface without the 'plumb'
command.

Thanks!

Steve