[Sunhelp] UE3500 Reboot Problem

Jim Richey jrichey at highmark.com
Wed Jun 21 12:29:27 CDT 2000

We have 4 UE3500 systems each with two CPU's, 2GB memory, four 9GB FC-AL
internal drives, Graphics IO board with UPA board, running Solaris 2.6.
Two of the systems reboot fine, the other two after a couple of reboots
will panic upon boot, then try to reboot. When it tries to reboot it
gets the error "Can't open boot device". We upgraded to the latest
firmware with patch 103346-26 and now get several errors of "loop 0 is
offline" before we get the "Can't open boot device" error. This problem
appears to be related to later versions of patch 105375. We have this
problem with 105375-19 or later. However, if we back out to 105375-07
the problem goes away. The two other system that work are fine with
105375-19. The Readme for 105375-22 mentions upgrading the firmware on
the Interface Board. However, it only mentions the Interface boards for
external drive. Does the internal Interface Board on a UE3500 have it's
own firmware and if so how do you update it? Does anyone know how to fix
this problem?

--

Jim Richey
jrichey at highmark.com