[Sunhelp] Alias on the loopback interface...

dhansen at zebra.net dhansen at zebra.net
Tue Jun 20 18:58:26 CDT 2000

 You can configure logical interfaces to the loopback under
Solaris just as you do any other device.
     ifconfig lo0:1 aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb up
     ifconfig lo0:1 cluster_address 127.0.0.1 up
or whatever suits your purposes.

 If you state what you have tried then you can eliminate
people re-telling you advice that you have already tried and
you risk having a more clear answer that also explains what
you may have done wrong in your earlier attempts.

 -david