[Sunhelp] Numerous free SunRay1

Wolfgang Engelien wolfgang at hanazono.med.cornell.edu
Mon Jun 19 17:26:08 CDT 2000

At 04:52 PM 6/19/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Wolfgang Engelien wrote:
>>
>> Free SunRay1:
>>
>> For customers at educational institutions Sun offers
>> numerous free SunRay1s with any purchase of new servers.
>> Offer ends June 30th. Just got 30 of them with an UE420R
>> and probably could have gotten more.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
>So are you offering anything here? or just a 'heads-up' on the promotion
>from Sun??
>
>Nathan

It's just a 'heads-up'. The story behind it:
  I did not know about this promo and had a quote about
the UE420R without the SunRays. Then I thought of getting
two of the SunRays, just to try them out. The total price
on the new quote didn't change! - Asking the Rep surfaced
that I could have even more for free. So I asked shyly for
five and as he was not reluctant finally for 30. I didn't
go for more, because of the storage space limitations I as
well as everybody else have/has in Manhattan.

Wolfgang