[Sunhelp] inetd.conf time

Flynn, Harold M. III Flynnh at mont.disa.mil
Tue Jan 25 15:18:48 CST 2000

Folks, I'm having some trouble here.

I've been researching time in /etc/inetd.conf.  The service runs on port 37
according to /etc/services, and looks like it accepts both tcp and udp.  The
time manpage doesn't seem to be related, although it'd be odd if it was, as
it's a process time monitoring.  If this is true, that'd mean processes are
either monitored via tcp/udp,  or there's other functions that this daemon
is performing in the process of monitoring.  Interesting.

Anybody have any good, solid meat on this subject?  I've scoured the 7 books
here in the shop, to no avail.

Thanks,
Hal

Hal Flynn, ICS Inc.        Senior Systems Analyst
Defense   Information   Systems   Agency
flynnh at mont.disa.mil    Commercial:  334-416-3233
DSN:  596-3233