[Sunhelp] Sporadic Rebbots with Solaris 2.5 - fix??

S Condit s.condit at unite.net
Tue Jan 25 03:52:36 CST 2000

Hi All,
	For those of you who have been following the saga of the random reboots on
Solaris 2.5 after applying Y2K patches. We have stopped using NFS (acting
as a client) on this machine and the reboots (every 2-6 hours previously)
seem to have stopped. The machine has now been up for over 4 days. I know
some others have had similar problems so this might work for you, possibly :-)

Many thanks to Harold Flynn for all of his help in analysing the logs and
suggesting NFS as a possible problem.

Stephen Condit.

s.condit at unite.net