[Sunhelp] Information about Mail server and DNS Boss

Ramji Venkateswaran rv at gxn.net
Fri Jan 21 11:35:35 CST 2000

    Miguel> Hoi I need some information about a good Mail server: What
    Miguel> about administration, logging, performance.  +500 email
    Miguel> accounts.

http://www.exim.org - We use this, and a self written POP3 mail system to
manage a mail system for over 400,000 users. It is truly good.

I hear Postfix is good too. Scrub sendmail, it's archaic and overly
complicated. Whilst 'geeky' to know sendmail, use something better. Qmail
is good on small systems, but to the best of my knowledge, has problems
scaling.

    Miguel> I also need some information about DNSBoss.  What about
    Miguel> administration, logging, performance.  +500 hosts.  Is it
    Miguel> possible to maintain more than 1 domain on DNSBoss?

I don't know about DNSBoss, we use BIND for all our DNS worries, which is
hassle free, and a de facto standard.

Cheers,

Ramji (in an unofficial capacity, blah blah blah)

--
Ramji Venkateswaran		   			   GX Networks