[Sunhelp] Sparcstation 2

empcompany empco at preferred.com
Fri Jan 21 11:57:49 CST 2000

Hello All!

I have a newbie problem, that I thought I had seen a solution for, but
cannot find it today:

I have a sparcstation 2 (circa 1991), currently running Linux (redhat 6.0)

1) I want to use my Sparc without the monitor and keyboard (I want to
administer it remotely). I understand that some of the Suns will reboot if
the signal is lost from the serial (terminal) console. How do I modify my
null modem so that the computer will not reboot if I disconnect the
terminal?

1a) Will I loose any important messages, if there is not a terminal on the
serial port?

Thanks for any and all help

Parag Patel
ppatel at preferred.com