[Sunhelp] SS1000(E) vs CPUs

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Fri Jan 21 03:33:08 CST 2000

Has anyone tried fitting SM50's on a SS1000E board?

The SS1000 had 40MHz Mbus, just like SS10 and those models, while the
"E"-model had this cranked up to 50MHz, like the SS20.

>From what we've learned before, the SM50 (without E-cache) runs 50MHz
Mbus, while the SM51's can't keep up to that speed.
(Like the reason why an SS20/512 would be waste of $$$)

I have no hardware to test this, so that's why I'm looking to see if
anyone have done this before. (out of motherboards and CPUs)

Ofcourse it's not "supported", but who said running SM100's on SS10 was
ever supported? :-)

	/Regards, Bjorn