[Sunhelp] Problem in booting from a mirror disk8 in a UE-250 server.

Srikanta Nayak srikanta.nayak at cablecom.ch
Wed Jan 19 11:07:02 CST 2000

Dear Experts!

I have a UE-250 server loaded with Sol.2.6 on boot disk0 . I did mirror of the
boot disk using simple dd command to disk8. And if I try to boot from disk 8  by
giving command  boot disk8 from ok prompt it says Can't boot disk device disk8 &
it looks for some file to be key in.

UE-250 servers has target ids. like this way...target 8,9,a,b,c,d
I tried with all possibles, but can't boot. Whereas I have already done the same
in a UE-450 server & it works fine ( with mirror disk target-1)
Can anybody suggest me how will it work ?

Thanking You.

Regards.

Mr.Srikanta.