[Sunhelp] SGI + Sun Monitor

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 10 05:32:42 CST 2000

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 01:10:56AM -0800, James Lockwood wrote:
> Indeed, many DEC and IBM monitors of the era can handle a variety of syncs
> without trouble.  The IBM 6091 can handle sync on green (as used by SGI,
> HP and IBM), composite sync (Sun) and seperate sync (PC's).  Great monitor
> to have on the test bench.  Heck, the 6091/23 makes a good bench all by
> itself (weighing in at 105lb).
> -James

There's a TWENTY-THREE inch version of the 6091?  egads.. I thought the
6091-19 was bad enough... I replaced my 6091 (which worked wonderfully
with my  Ultra 5, with a HD15-5BNC cable) with a GDM20D10, and then replaced
the GDM20D10 with a GDM20E20.  I *love* the 20E20, its the best monitor
I"ve ever seen on a computer...  Not bad for a piece of equipment that was
manufactured in '96.

(plus, it doesent have that annoying little remote with no way to tell
EXACTLY what your settings are.. I like the OSD on the '20).

Bill

--
|Bill Bradford          | mrbill at pdp11.org     | mrbill at mrbill.net    |