[Sunhelp] Sol7 install problems on LX

Gilles Melanson gilles at cs.laurentian.ca
Sun Jan 9 17:01:39 CST 2000

.. sigh.

This is making no sense to me.  I've installed the OS a few dozen times on
different machines, w/o any real issues.

My LX is completely stumping me.

Doing a fresh install of Sol7 5/99 on it, and it seems to go through just
fine.  Once it's done, I reboot the system, and try to boot the disk ..
and it comes up with 'cannot find bootblk program' or something to that
effect.

Now, a few things.

There is only one scsi disk in the box.  c0t0d0s0 is the / partition, s1
is the swap.  I didn't even break out the different portions.  I'm trying
to boot off of disk0:a to no avail.

Is it picky about drive types?  I figured a scsi drive is a scsi drive..?
I've even tried two different units .. same problem on both.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be..?

Thnx.

--
Gilles Melanson                         Laurentian University
UNIX System Administrator               Math and Computer Science Dept.