[Sunhelp] Sparc question

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Feb 28 17:34:47 CST 2000

D'oh, I knew I'd seen that someplace.  Guess that was the wrong someplace.
:)

> The SS20 uses something completely different.  I've got no
> idea what it's
> called, but they aren't compatible.  It also brings +12V out.
>
> > don't get used very often, since the SS20 has an RJ45 connector.
>
> When the SS10 and SS20 came out Sun got some major flak for
> not putting an
> AUI connector on the back.  Everyone was screaming about how
> nobody uses
> twisted pair anywhere.  Guess they had foresight.

How exactly could you manage thicknet?  Even using cat-v, we have some HUGE
bundles of cables for our wiring plant, in excess of 6-inches in diameter.
It made sense for our VAX, since it had ethernet to other computers, and
everybody was expected to be working from one of the 50+ serial ports on it,
but for anything else???
	Greg