[Sunhelp] circuit_v

Flynn, Harold M. III Flynnh at mont.disa.mil
Thu Feb 17 17:04:20 CST 2000

While I'm in the posting mood, can anybody shed some light on this?  I'm
having a bit of trouble finding adequate rpc documentation at this momment
in time.

In /etc/inetd.conf, I'm having one hell of a time finding out what circuit_v
and datagram_v are.  They're obviously parts of tli, as per their
specification like below:

rquotad/1       tli     rpc/datagram_v  wait root /usr/lib/nfs/rquotad
rquotad

but oh goody....I have no documentation or material to either explain their
application and use or backup any of my theories about them.  So, rather
than wasting your time, I was wondering if anybody had any either good
explanations with a link on these, or perhaps a good book that might explain
them.  (they're not covered in either the Sobell books, Sun(tm) books, or
TCP/IP books by W. Richard Stevens).

TIA,
Big H

Hal Flynn, ICS Inc.     Senior Systems Analyst
Defense    Information  Systems   Agency
flynnh at mont.disa.mil    Commercial: 334-416-3233
DSN: 596-3233