[Sunhelp] Which SPARCstation is better?

Richard Hogg Richard.Hogg at compelsolve.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 07:05:21 CST 2000

If you have more than one app that will require processor time running at
once, then the SS10.

My SS5 was slower than the SS10 over a better connection using Netscape Comm
4.6, both with 128Mb RAM and the same speed net link as the OS can use CPU0
for system tasks, disk/resource management etc, and CPU1 for your app.

As an aside, the SS10 has the CPUs on daughterboards, so if you lose one,
you a) still have another, and b) can replace it a lot easier.