[Sunhelp] deciphering sun hardware errors

Will Lowe lowe at asel.udel.edu
Fri Feb 4 17:42:46 CST 2000

I have a Sparcstation2 which used to (a few months back) boot just fine.
today I turned it on and got nothing, so I connected a terminal to the A
serial port on the back via a null modem cable, and I'm getting this, than
it hangs:

*** 207 ***
	PMAP = 00018000,Exp = 00000000, 0bs = 00001000

1) does anybody know what this means?

2) does anybody know, in general, how to decipher the weird error messages
sun hardware generates at times like this?  I once had a "Suspect Viking
Module" error, and it took a while to figure out that the machine was
telling me that processor was in trouble ...

						thanks,

                     					Will

|   harpo at udel.edu lowe at cis.udel.edu lowe at debian.org lowe at asel.udel.edu  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |