[Sunhelp] 64-bit OS

Brian Scanlan singer at redbrick.dcu.ie
Thu Feb 3 12:46:14 CST 2000

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 10:14:23AM -0800, John Kennedy wrote:
> I had already done the flashprom update thing but we have since wiped
> and reloaded the system.

Nope, the flashprom update thing updates some thingy on the motherboard yoke -
Little to do with what OS you've got on your disks :)

>  Do I need to redo the flashprom update to
> enable this???

Nope, and you should be booted into 64-bit mode, by default, I think. :)
(watch your boot messages...)

Happy 64-bitting :)

Brian.
--
"We've uniformly rejected all letters and declined all discussion upon the
question of when the present century ends, as it is one of the most absurd that