[Sunhelp] Syslog.conf problems

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 09:57:34 CST 2000

What am I missing? I am trying to forward syslog messages to another
machine. This machine (sysA) is receiveing mail errors from sysB, however,
when I try to configure other messages to go they don't. Here is the line I
added to syslog.conf

*.emerg;*.crit;*.alert;*.err                    @sysa

Where sysa is a valid hostname in the host table. did a kill -HUP on the
sylog pid.
Then to test I tried 'logger -p kern.emerg "test" and see the test messages
in the local /var/adm/messages, but not on sysa.

Both sysa has a line to put *.emerg messages into /var/adm/test

Any help or links to some good refernces would be appreciated.

Thanks.