[Sunhelp] Re: SunHELP digest, Vol 1 #295 Linux on Sparc

Dirk Stapels pinky at braincenter.de
Tue Feb 29 15:56:07 CST 2000

Hello,
I think I am late with my answer but I hope it still matters.
I have a SS2 with Weitek 80 Mhz Overdrive. 64 Megs. TGX. 9 Gigs Micropolis HD (7200rpm)
I think the Peripherie is dammed overkill for the Maschine. But still in this configuration Red Hat
(6.0 with KDE) was that slow, that you could not really work with it.
Converted back to Solaris. Maschine's still slow but better. Wouldn't suggest Red Hat