[Sunhelp] Purchasing Sun Ultra 5 for learning/testing. -Need recommendation

Kevin Fujinami kfujinami at datatransit.com
Tue Feb 29 15:50:22 CST 2000

I am planning to purchase a Sun Ultra 5 with the 333Mhz chip , 2mb of cache,
and 128mb of RAM.  I want to learn more about Solaris operating system, sun
hardware, and install web servers and oracle databases.

Does anyone have any comments on the Ultra 5 box?  will I need more memory?
or any other suggestions?

I have been learing solaris on intel box, but I want to get to the point
where I can rebuild Solaris operating systems on Sun based systems without
difficulty.

thanks.

kevin.