[Sunhelp] ld.so.1: wmmon: fatal: libXpm.so.4.8 Problem

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Sun Nov 28 14:43:25 CST 1999

On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 11:18:31AM -0700, Luke Holton <lholton at desertsky.com> wrote:

> sparc1$ wmmon
> ld.so.1: wmmon: fatal: libXpm.so.4.8: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed

First question - are you sure you're running the right wmmon?  If it's in
the current directory, try ./wmmon to ensure you're not trying to run one
somewhere else in your path.

> When I check to see if I actually have the libXpm.so.4.8 using the find command here's what I
> find:
>
> sparc1$ find /usr -name libXpm* -print
> /usr/lib/libXpm.a
> /usr/lib/libXpm.so
> /usr/lib/libXpm.so.4.11

Are you sure you're actually building the binary?  ie, there isn't already a
prebuilt binary in the source tree?  If you're rebuilding it from scratch it
should link to the library versions you have on your system.

Maybe try doing a 'make clean', ensure that the binary isn't there, and
rebuild.

You can do a 'ldd wmmon' to find out which libraries it's linked against
without having to run it.

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/