[Sunhelp] ld.so.1: wmmon: fatal: libXpm.so.4.8 Problem

Luke Holton lholton at desertsky.com
Sun Nov 28 12:18:31 CST 1999

Hi,

I'm new to the sun platform and am attempting to compile and execute some
simple apps. I'm running Solaris 7 in 64bit mode on an Ultra10. The
compile appears to go fine but when I launch the app I get the following
error:

sparc1$ wmmon
ld.so.1: wmmon: fatal: libXpm.so.4.8: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

When I check to see if I actually have the libXpm.so.4.8 using the find command here's what I
find:

sparc1$ find /usr -name libXpm* -print
/usr/lib/libXpm.a
/usr/lib/libXpm.so
/usr/lib/libXpm.so.4.11
/usr/local/lib/X11/libXpm.a
/usr/local/lib/X11/libXpm.so
/usr/local/lib/X11/libXpm.so.4.11
/usr/local/lib/libXpm.a
/usr/local/lib/libXpm.so
/usr/local/lib/libXpm.so.4.11

So here's my question. Obviously I don't have libXpm.so.4.8 on my box
anywhere. Is there some way I could tell the app to use what I have (libXpm.so.4.11)?
Should I attempt to locate and install the lib/version it actually is complaining about?
Is there some other configuration change I can make to get this to work? Any ideas would be appreciated.

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable is set to following:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/oracle/u01/app/oracle/ora_806/lib:
/opt/Apple/Library/Executables:/usr/lib:/usr/dt/lib:usr/openwin/lib:
usr/local/bin:/export/home/lholton/rvplayer5.0:/usr/lib/sparcv9/:.

Regards,

Luke Holton

Tel: (602) 279-4600
Fax: (602) 279-4768
Desert Sky Software: www.desertsky.com
    Specializing in the Development and Hosting of
    Full Featured Web Applications.