[Sunhelp] Slow TFTP with NCD 19R xterminal?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Nov 15 00:49:33 CST 1999

Lacking expierence with this stuff, I've got to ask again.  :)  My SS20
seems to have an option to disable link detection in the prom.  Do other
SPARCs/X-terms not have such a beast?  (and why not)

> Try hooking a port of the switch to the hub uplink port, and
> hook another
> port of the hub to your xterminal.  If this fixes it then
> your problem is
> link detection that is incompatible with many 10/100
> autosensing switches.

Is there a "standard" for this that somebody isn't following?  If nobody
knows, I'll ask the ethernet guys on usenet.

> Other than that I highly recommend the FS108, it's a great reasonably
> priced switch.  Anyone have any recommendations on
> inexpensive 12-port and
> up solutions?  Once my PCI 3c9xx 10/100 SPARC driver is
> finished I forsee
> a lot of trunking in my future.

I happen to like our 3com SuperStack 330s, but they're a wee bit pricey
(about a grand a piece, I think).  I'd look at Bay/Nortel (they at least
have good phone equipment) or Linksys.  I haven't had much trouble with
their hardware so far.
	Greg