[Sunhelp] Resetting settings on a GDM-20D10

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Sun Nov 14 03:01:55 CST 1999

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I've got a GDM20D10 19" monitor with remote - anybody know how to
> reset this monitor to its factory default settings?  I wish there was
> some kind of on-screen display instead of just this little remote; there's
> no way to gauge what you've got stuff set at.

There's a small hole in the rear of the monitor.  Use a Mac floppy removal
tool (aka "paperclip") to push the button, this will reset it to factory
defaults.

The remote can also be used to adjust other parameters such as color
temperature and focus.  To do this, remove the rear cover and slide the
small switch on the rear panel next to the diagnostic connector to the
other position.  The functions of the keys on the remote will then be
changed.  I don't remember the full list, but it's fairly obvious when you
do it.

-James