[Sunhelp] Machine Power Saves?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Nov 14 02:50:10 CST 1999

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 05:11:23PM -0500, mike wrote:
> I have an SS5 running sol7, and I've noticed that after a couple days of
> inactivity, the machine will *power down* to a state where I can no
> longer connect to it, nor pull up a display.   I've found that the only
> way to bring the machine back up is to blindly stop-a and "go".   This
> seems a little weird, and was wondering if there was a way to fix this.
> Thanx
> Mike Waychison

I agree with Adrian; make sure you're not running "powerd" - i've never
see it work properly on any pre-U5/10 Sun system (it would "kill" my
SS10 in the manner you describe).

Anybody running a UNIX box doesent need power management anyway, except
maybe for the monitor. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford   *   mrbill at mrbill.net    /   http://www.mrbill.net