[Sunhelp] Printer Companies

Leon Halford - Open Systems Solutions Ltd leon.halford at opensolutions.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 17:17:46 CST 1999

Buy an HP LaserJet with an HP JetDirect Interface card.

HP Jetdirect software is available for Solaris, G3 Mac, PC, and likely Linux
too.
It interfaces with the native print spooler for each OS.

Jet direct Interfaces include ethernet, USB, localtalk, serial.
An ethernet model is probably best for your situation..

A cheap entry level card is about 100 (see
http://www.hp.com/net_printing/ppss/j4135a_info.html)

Alternatively should you not want an HP printer, external Jetdirect
interfaces are available that should work with most 3rd party printers.