[Sunhelp] help for upgradation!!

shivraj yadav shivrajyadav at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:52:36 CST 1999

We r having a SparcServer 1000(3 controllers) running solaris 2.3 with
Oracle 7.1 Database. This server is connected to remote dumb terminals thru
a High speed (4 port) interface card (Hsi), a X.25 PAD (12 port)& Leased
line modems.
This server has a dumb terminal as its console attached thru some card in
the m/c.Now i have been assigned the task of upgrading it to Solaris 2.6 &
Oracle 7.3. Now my problem is, there is no documentation of the system when
it was installed. so i have no idea about what all drivers r present in the
machine. I can get info about them only thru "pkginfo". I also do have the
necessary s/w CD's viz Sunlink X.25, HSI...etc. i am totally new to X.25
config.
will someone please clarify my foll. doubt:

How shd i go about it. i.e shd i upgrade from solaris 2.3 to solaris 2.6
.... in this way i don't think i have to worry about the drivers & s/w
installed & their configuration (if it works in the first place). or shd i
go for a fresh install, in that case i will have to break my head installing
& configuring the s/w.
Your valued suggestions r most welcome.