[Sunhelp] Re: [SunRescue] Sun Hardware Ref in something other than plain text?

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 3 11:07:39 CST 1999

> Well, the subject about sums it up.  Has anybody seen/got a copy of Mr.
> Birdsall's Sun Hardware FAQ in some format other than plain text?  I'm
> beginning to start to get seriousally into writing my docuemtation for work
> and other things in some nice markup languages, and was wondering if anybody
> had updated this FAQ to another format.  I'm planning to use either the SGML
> LinuxDOC (which I know) or DocBook (which I don't) to re-format this in.  Am
> I going to get in trouble for re-formatting this document because of
> copyrights or anything else?  I don't recall any notices about it, but
> seeing how it hasn't been touched in just under two years, I'm assuming that
> it's not being maintained nor is anybody worried about it.  Thanks for your
> insight and comments,
> 	Greg

If you do, PLEASE maintain a postscript, a pdf, and a text output on the
same site.  Some folks, like me, find it a tad much to have to bring up
a unix, and an X, and a browser, and a reader, and a..... etc., just to
get a postscript dump to pass to lpr.  Also, make sure other archives get
copies, and if anyone has corrections or additions, we should funnel them
your way, too.

Just thinking out loud..... as I occasionally am wont to do.....(:+\\...

Thanks

Bob