[Sunhelp] System error message 22 (File size More then 2GB)

Aamir Ilyas amirpew at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 15:24:49 CDT 1999

Hi! Sunhulp's

I am facing problem on ORACLE 7.2.3 install on SUN Ultra-E450 with Solaris
2.5.1.
The problem was occur when I execute ORACLE exp command for entire Database
When file size is greater then 2GB its display the massage!

EXP-00015: error on row 37349 of table MIS_CA_CATS, column EDITION, datatype
1
EXP-00222:
System error message 22
EXP-00002: error in writing to export file
EXP-00002: error in writing to export file
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

After this message I supposed that the problem is for ulimit. And I changed
my ulimit
# ulimit -f 4097148
# ulimit -d 4097148
# ulimit -s 4097148
# ulimit -v 4097148
#
# ulimit -a
time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         4294705145
stack(kbytes)        unlimited
coredump(blocks)     unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 64
vmemory(kbytes)      unlimited

After these steps I am again execute ORACLE exp and its give me the same
problem.
How can I create file on ufs more then 2,3GB.

Pl. helps me on it as soon as possible.

Regards
Aamir Ilyas