[Sunhelp] Neophyte Question - PATH variable on CDE

Anthony Barnes tony.barnes at cimlinc.com
Thu Aug 12 14:51:46 CDT 1999

A global profile is usually established in /etc/profile.  That way you can
get all of your users to a baseline configuration.  You can then have user
specific configuration under something like $HOME/.cshrc (or .kshrc) that
you as root create as a skeleton file when their home is created.  In the
.cshrc file you can have it look for and source in a user specific
.cshrc.custom.  That way you can have the user add configuration items
without it destroying yours.

Luck.

Anthony Barnes
Application Developer