[Sunhelp] Neophyte Question - PATH variable on CDE

mike mangino mangino at cis.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 12 14:27:44 CDT 1999

It depends on your shell. I use ksh, so I make changes in .profile. My .profile looks like

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin:/opt/local/bin

if you use csh or tcsh, you edit your .cshrc file.

sh is like ksh, except you must export on a seperate line.

PATH=${PATH}:/opt/bin:/opt/local/bin
export PATH

I've heard UNIX in a nutshell be O'Reilly is a good reference.

--
Mike Mangino                   Senior Programmer/Analyst
mangino at cis.ohio-state.edu     manginom at oclc.org
Home: (614) 326-2278           Work: (614) 764-6280