[SPARCbook] Sparcbook ADTX coverter fails to probe

chase rayfield cusbrar2 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 22:46:12 CST 2013

So I have the ADTX converter that was sent to me.. I put a cheap chinese CF to IDE adapter in it with a 16Gb CF card I figured it would only see as far as 8Gb of course. And so far nothing. It doesn't even show up when I probe-scsi-all from the prom.

I did read somewhere that drives larger than 8Gb wouldn't work failing to transfer data but would still probe properly?

My external CD drive does show up at SCSI id 6,0 and I booted the OpenBSD 5.4 installer on in which of course couldn't find a drive to install to.

I believe I have the DIP settings matching the ones I see here http://www.sunder.net/sparcbook/#drive

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!