[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX drive or info needed

chase rayfield cusbrar2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 06:46:42 CST 2013

It worked fine...  didn't run it long enough to try X out. But for console
applications it worked pretty much like you would expect gentoo to work. It
took ages to compile anything at 50Mhz so it would be pointless to try to
compile anything GCC sized. smaller things like text editors and lighthttpd
were fine though. I built ndb-client and served a disk image to it from my
normal desktop which worked quite well it was a bit fiddly at first getting
the right client and server to talk to each other though.

I also compiled
rob landley's toybox on it for kicks. (BSD busybox he has a fairly interesting
blog about it and the oddities he encounters implementing posix utils etc...)
Rebuilding the system was broken however in the images I tried from Magnus
Lindholm / linmag7 on the gentoo forum. Probably since the images were cross
complied from Gentoo Alpha. It was specifically getting stuck on glibc it kept
trying to build it for sparc64 iirc.

On Monday, November 4, 2013 2:04 AM,