[SPARCbook] Voyager IIi OS Question

Gary Borgen Old gary.borgen at verizon.net
Fri Aug 7 20:04:33 CDT 2009

Has anyone successfully installed Solaris 9, 10 or OpenBSD on a Tadpole
Voyager IIi?  I have the later version of the Voyager with built in Raptor
video.  OpenBoot prom is the latest version offered: 3.10.3.

I was able to install Solaris 8, with the Tadpole patches.  I also was able
to install Solaris 9 4/04 (u6?).  However the tadpole drivers were not
compatible with the Voyager IIi (newer models only).  Gnome and most of the
other stuff worked, but I guess I would like a little more.

I tried to do an upgrade, from Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 u8.  The system failed
to boot.

I am in the process of downgrading to Solaris 9 u6 to see if that works.

It looks like there is a project to provide OpenSolaris support for some of
the older Tadpole products.  Anyone tried it?