[SPARCbook] Powerlite RAM...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Oct 8 12:32:05 CDT 2004

I have a PL640/110 with the heat sink on it.  Using the hardware manual
as a guide I converted it to a 1024 color display from another unit.

It's only got 32meg of RAM in it but I have a PL1024/85(?) bottom half
with 16meg and an extra 16meg card.  It has a display driver problem -
not the LCD but the actual framebuffer.  I've checked all the NVRAM
settings and such and the LCD works fine on another machine.

I can't plug the 16meg into the PL640 because of the heat sink on the
110 chip.

Is anybody willing to trade all those parts - 640 display, 85mhz bottom
half, 16meg board, for extra RAM for a PL640/110 ?  I'll even throw in
what little plastics I have extra as well.  This includes the drive
mount as well.

Any takers?

Mike
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight