[SPARCbook] Ultrabook I reflashing OBP questions

Helena Söderholm helsod at algonet.se
Sat Jan 17 13:22:23 CST 2004

Hello everybody!

I'm about to reflash my OBP on my Ultrabook I so that I can install that 10/4
version of Solaris 8 I bought from Ebay especially for this purpose. I'm
hesitating though as some things are unclear.

Mainly if this will render all drives less than 8G useless.
I would have wanted to keep my original 5G disks with Sol2.6 as reference and
backup. Since everything is properly installed on these drives thye would be
convenient to keep. I have a 40G drive I want to use. Would this work? I know
there is an additional limit at 32G in the pc world. How about the Ultrabook?

Can I run the flash program from my 2.6 OS with 5G disks or how should I do
this as my 40G disk cant be used before I flash. It seems like a catch 22 if
you can't reflash from 2.6. Perhaps it doesn't stoe working until I reboot.

 Are there any risks to botch the reflash and render the Ultrabook  useless.
What are the risks I need to consider. I do not know if the battery works,
probably not more than a minute.

Thanks for any help on this,
Peter