[SPARCbook] Ultrabook obp upgrade fails

Joseph Spainhour spainhou at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 29 01:50:12 CDT 2004

Why don't you do a set-defaults?

Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: sparcbook-bounces at sunhelp.org [mailto:sparcbook-bounces at sunhelp.org]
On Behalf Of stephen price
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 1:55 AM
To: sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Subject: [SPARCbook] Ultrabook obp upgrade fails

I'm trying to help a friend upgrade his obp on his
ultrabook U20 from 3.1.5 to 3.1.8 so that he can
install a larger disk and Solaris 8.

We downloaded the gzipped tarball from Tadpole, and
loaded it on a generic installation of Sol 2.6 (6gb
disk) and ran the flash-update command.

The command says that it is writing to memory, then
shows the obp as being 3.1.8 and the new post.

But rebooting still shows the obp at 3.1.5.

I've set the write enable switch several different
times and re-run the utility with no luck.

I don't remember it being this hard when I did it a
long time ago.

Anybody done it recently with success?  Maybe the gzip
tarball or flash utility at Tadpole is bad?

Suggestions??

regards
Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com