[SPARCbook] Which BSD, and will anyone ever do the pcmcia bridge?

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Wed Mar 5 01:26:57 CST 2003

SO, I'm torn between open and netbsd (I'm ignoring linux all together
since it doesn't seem to have pcmcia bridge support and it's generally
worse to run form a comfort standpoint than Sol 2.6)

This is hard to discuss on the *bsd lists due to religion, but:

I need functional support of the power subsystem (heat and suspend)

The best graphics support I can get

and some *hope* of eventual sound support and (would someone accept a
BRIBE to finish this?) PCMCIA support so I can finally just pop a
wavelan card in there.

(yes, the wi driver for solaris 2.6 would be fine- even better, since
I'd have full hardware support)

so, any opinions?

-C